Our raw milk Boont Corners Vintage tomme has a rich, umami flavor and with a simple recipe like risotto, its signature flavor carries through each forkful. We also love a dish that can be served as the main course or delicious side.
• 1 c Boont Corners Vintage, grated
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 1 Yellow Onion, diced
• 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 2 c Arborio Rice
• 4+ c Stock (vegetable or protein)
• ½ c White Wine
• Salt, to taste
2019 Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sweat the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add rice and toast the granules.
- Add white wine and cook till fully absorbed/reduced. Add a ½ cup of the stock and stir until absorbed, then repeat until all the stock has been absorbed into the rice. Taste and if the rice isn’t fully cooked, add more water or stock.
- Once the rice is tender, stir in the cheese and season to taste with salt and other seasonings as desired. Grate more fresh Vintage on top to serve.
- Optional: Stir in other ingredients to garnish and flavor as you would like i.e. use mushroom stock and sautéed mushrooms for a decadent risotto ai fungi.