I take this cheesecake to get-togethers, make it for holidays, etc. The crust can be modified with choice of spices to make it fit the occasion (i.e., I add nutmeg and cinnamon in the fall, some lemon or orange zest in the spring). — Erika McKenzie-Chapter, Head Cheesemaker & Herd Manager
- 10 Graham Crackers, crushed
- 6 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Spices to taste
- 2 lbs Laychee
- 1 c Sugar
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2018 Muscat Vin Doolsey, Anderson Valley
- Heat oven to 350˚ F. Grease 8” spring-form pan.
- Using a fork, mix the ingredients for the crust. Pour into pan and tamp down with a spoon or bottom of a glass. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden around the edges. Set aside to cool.
- Combine Laychee, sugar, and flour in a stand mixer. Mix on low speed, then add one egg at a time. Add vanilla.
- Pour batter over the crust. Bake for 12 minutes at 350˚ F. Then lower temp to 250˚ F and bake an additional 45-55 minutes, until the top of the cheesecake is slightly puffy and spongy-firm to the touch. The center should jiggle slightly when the pan is tapped.
- Let cool, add some edible flowers for a pop of color, serve, and enjoy!